SaltCritters.com

How much flow for a 54g corner tank?

Maco

Probly softeis then slowly moving up to SPS. Also do i need two metal halieds for a corner or just one???Thanks VicSkimmer

-Mac :happy:

crazinezz978
Probly softeis then slowly moving up to SPS. Also fo i need two metal halieds for a corner or just one???Thanks VicSkimmer

-Mac :happy:

the more the merrier

I just ordered a 54g corner tank so I've been looking into these things. The main issue seems to be the corners. I've heard it can be difficult to get flow all the way to the corners, but with the right returns/powerhead positioning it should be doable. Two MH's is overkill on this tank. One MH should cover the tank pretty well with a little less intensity at the far corners. I just wouldn't put any SPS in the upper corners of the tank. You could supplement the MH with some T5's along the sides if you really wanted good coverage over every inch of your tank. I will be running a single 250w MH on mine. I'm going to see about mounting the MH parallel with the front of the tank or diagonally. The 2x2 area of illumination may cover the tank a little more evenly depending on the orientation.

Archived