SaltCritters.com

My 5.5 Pico

sykospark

Right now, most of the coral is various frogspawn, as well as some zoanthids on the rock.

Final list of Inhabitants:

1 blue legged hermit crab

1 blue lined goby & Clownfish (I was trying to get the goby out, hewas a wiley bastard)

Various snails

Starfish/brittle stars

Spaghetti worm(s?)

Tube worms aplenty

Corals:

Beautiful pink, green and orange zoas

Frogspawn. Tons of it.

Yellow torch

Pink polyps. I loved those things.

Aiptasia. I guess it's dead now, so I don't have to deal with it.

It's been up for a few weeks now. It has a built in refugium area where I have some LR rubble and chaeto as well. Need to figure out an ATO to integrate with the hood - tired of twice daily topoff refills. :P

MOST RECENT SHOT BEFORE ANNIHALATION:

img_00241.jpg

INITIAL SET UP PICS:

pico21.JPG

frogspawns.JPG

why so much frogspawn? I love frogspawn (cuz my clown does) but yea.... you get a good deal or something? Nice tank btw, like the false wall deal going on.

why so much frogspawn? I love frogspawn (cuz my clown does) but yea.... you get a good deal or something? Nice tank btw, like the false wall deal going on.

Yes, a coworker brought in a bunch of frags for me. :) And it's all different colors and really gorgeous!

distantfire

Your frogspawn is looking good sykospark. Which pump are you using behind the false wall? I'd also like to see a picture from the top down. Without the hood if your camera is still handy.

I like 5.5's myself here is one that I put together last fall. The divider for the durso was made out of window glass. There is a 1/8" wide slot close to top for the water flow.

2-4.jpg

2-6.jpg2-7.jpg

2-8.jpg

2-7.jpg

I trimed back the birch box so it's not as wide. And it look's better I just hav'nt taken any newer pictures of it.

The 10gal I'm working now has 2 durso's and a pair of birch boxes with cedar door's on both end's. I'm moving to Nevada in 2 months so I'll be seting it up there.

cute tank. any pics of something similar/ that one all set up in action?

here is a sideways shot of the side of my tank. i thought i fixed the direction but i'm in an airport right now, so beh:

side6.JPG

first chamber: chaeto, LR rubble

second chamber: 606 pump, heater

The thing I don't care much about this tank is I can barely wedge my hand in either chamber (and i'm a girl with slender hands. god forbid i had big man hands).

distantfire

I got more pics but I didn't get them all uploaded into photobucket yet. Because my computers hard drive needs to be replaced. And right now I don't have the extra money to buy a new hard drive. Some of my older pics are still in the members gallery here on N-R but I need to update them. I wish N-R would give us more picture space to use.

I had tight chambers on my first 10gal. So I used a pair of wooden tongs and my straight forceps to get into them.

In a few months I will have everything back up and running really good.

• 4 weeks later...

Updated rockwork pics:

img_00241.jpg

picoshot.jpg

There be some crazy life in that tank. Starfish, spaghetti worms, etc.

I love this tank!!

Archived