ReefCleaners.org

temp probs

bertz_maru

i just got into aquariums. well i have a tall 49gal tank. LS and LR with some snails. well my hood is about 1foot tall. i have 2-55watt power compact and 1-175watt mh 14000k. lately my water has been hot. well i bought a chiller... the only kind that i could buy with my money.. ive installed in my sump and put a 4inch fan in my hood but still my temp stays at 81 82.... i bought the iceprobe chiller and its on as hard as it can be.. any ideas that can help me or does anyone wanna make me a deal on a good chiller or maybe a trade for some stuff. ty.

Does your temp drop below 81-82 at night? If it doesnt then that means your heater is turned up too high. Im sure you have checked that but thought I would throw it out there.

well i kinda want a temp of 78 because i heard that is pefect water temp. you think 81 is ok? so ill be ok? what do you think about my ice probe chiller? is it a alright chiller? do any of yall have it? how does it work for you? ty

81- 82 is fine as long as its constant day and night. Those iceprobe chillers are designed for tanks 10g and smaller. They simply cannot cool that volume of water more than a fraction of a degree if you believe their specification. Suggest that you employ another fan make sure your airconditioner is working and set your heater at 81- 82F.

Archived