Top Shelf Aquatics

Seacube trade or sell

Naturalreef

Naturalreef

Hi,

Well now I'm gathering parts to start a tank like Ninjafish's tank because I'm hooked on no viewable equipment and the clean glass look, so I'm thinking about letting the seacube go. Check out my link for pictures and specs...I'm including the tank with built in skimmer, auto-top off unit,two fans with adjustable power pack and the 70 watt metal halide retro minus the ballast....It is in perfect condition, always polished with no scratches that I can honestly see...I need a cannister filter preferably a eheim with around 320gph either new or mint condition. I'm probably going to sell the tank,retro for $200 if I can't find a canister around that value...Thanks for looking!

Seacube

Naturalreef

Hey Jee,

I'm in Bourbonnais...just North of Kankakee....about 45 min from Midway where I work.

where in illinois are you loctaed?

I have a nu-clear canister filter w/2 micron filters. Also, have 2 external pumps that I use to use, but just stopped working for some reason don't know why. I replaced them and never had them looked at. One is a Iwaki the other is a smaller external pump.

Naturalreef

Hmmmm Jee,

Not exactly what I'm looking for..I need multiple baskets for the live rock and cheato....but will give it some thought...thanks for posting that..

I have a nu-clear canister filter w/2 micron filters. Also, have 2 external pumps that I use to use, but just stopped working for some reason don't know why. I replaced them and never had them looked at. One is a Iwaki the other is a smaller external pump.
Naturalreef

Hey Mike,

I might consider it....It came in a small crate filled with foam peanuts. I'd have to see how much shipping was...It might not be reasonable..

Would you consider boxing and shipping to 32708? I might be interested ;)

- Mike

HotRodScamp
Hey Mike,

I might consider it....It came in a small crate filled with foam peanuts. I'd have to see how much shipping was...It might not be reasonable..

If you still have the packing materials, that's great! I got a UPS quote for 40lbs. (just a guess) from Chicago (also a guess) for $25. That's pretty reasonable. Still up for it?

- Mike

Naturalreef

LOL, I like your efficiency Mike! Let me measure the mini-crate and get back to you here shortly to make sure the UPS quote is accurate, I think I might be up for it since I'm really digging Fish's glass cube...Though I am pretty damn partial to this cube...best all in one Acrylic cube I have seen along with outstanding workmanship...I'll post here shortly.........Nick

If you still have the packing materials, that's great! I got a UPS quote for 40lbs. (just a guess) from Chicago (also a guess) for $25. That's pretty reasonable. Still up for it?

- Mike

Naturalreef

Mini-crate is 23.5" tall x17x17 around 40-45lbs ...

Jeeman- no need for a large tank, really into nano-tanks for time reasons..thanks though....

if you dont ship I can trade you a 125 AGA tank
  • 2 weeks later...
Naturalreef

I'm now including the slim line electronic 70 watt balast as well since I just pre-ordered a Nanocube hqi............

How was your temp stability?

I am very interested in the tank.

Im in indianapolis if you could get an idea on shipping cost.

Thanks

• 1 month later...
Naturalreef

Sorry, I must have missed this post.... The temp never went above 80 degrees, pretty much hovered at 79 degrees in the summer. The hood has very good ventilation with two small radio shack fans pushing air in which blew air over the water and kept the hood cool.

I had the nanocube hqi on preorder and then cancelled it because the date kept pushing back. I'm itching to get back in the hobby and actually just filled the tank up again and put a new astralux 14k bulb on it....The shimmer and design on this tank just blows me away...so I'm prob going to set this one up again..just looking for a stand at the moment to put it on.

I did purchase a Biocube 14 and stand along with the Sapphire skimmer but that is on hold because the tank came damaged to me. A big gouge on the back wall. So waiting for the retailer to respond to me and ship a replacement tank. But the reason for ordering the Biocube was to retro a 70 watt halide in it. Just thinking it through right now....Anyone retro a 70 watt in their Biocube yet?

So I'm caught between two tanks right now....if I find a stand before the new Biocube tanks comes I'll set up that one, if not I'll retro the biocube and set it up. But setting up the Seacube last night really put some coals under my feet. The inhabitants are really going to love the 70Watt halide..great color and ~ 10 watts per gallon!

How was your temp stability?

I am very interested in the tank.

Im in indianapolis if you could get an idea on shipping cost.

Thanks

Atlantis Reef
Sorry, I must have missed this post.... The temp never went above 80 degrees, pretty much hovered at 79 degrees in the summer. The hood has very good ventilation with two small radio shack fans pushing air in which blew air over the water and kept the hood cool.

I had the nanocube hqi on preorder and then cancelled it because the date kept pushing back. I'm itching to get back in the hobby and actually just filled the tank up again and put a new astralux 14k bulb on it....The shimmer and design on this tank just blows me away...so I'm prob going to set this one up again..just looking for a stand at the moment to put it on.

I did purchase a Biocube 14 and stand along with the Sapphire skimmer but that is on hold because the tank came damaged to me. A big gouge on the back wall. So waiting for the retailer to respond to me and ship a replacement tank. But the reason for ordering the Biocube was to retro a 70 watt halide in it. Just thinking it through right now....Anyone retro a 70 watt in their Biocube yet?

So I'm caught between two tanks right now....if I find a stand before the new Biocube tanks comes I'll set up that one, if not I'll retro the biocube and set it up. But setting up the Seacube last night really put some coals under my feet. The inhabitants are really going to love the 70Watt halide..great color and ~ 10 watts per gallon!

I have alot of equipment and frags I would trade if you will ship to 62301

Thanks

Tom

Frag Madness

Archived