inTank Media Baskets

Question about my green brain

Mmorse

all seems well with my green open brain but Im starting to notice that around some places of the rim of the coral there is some sort of tissue that is hanging its kinda brown and there isnt a lot of it just in a couple of places. Anybody know what is happening? is the coral shedding some skin? I did notice that when I fed my gob mysis shrimp that there was one hermit that crawled up on it, could the hermit or something else be doing the damage? Any help or info of you having the same experience would be greatly appreciated.

When I got my green brain the rim around the outside was a brownish color and now almost all the brown is gone and it is white and flourescent green in some places. It didnt bleach did it? is this normal?

I've had hermits mess with my GOB... they've kinda learned not to crawl onto Slimer, but occationally they poke him with their feet and he just retracts a bit.. just make sure to feed him weekly with some fresh shrimp and squid cut into small pieces and that he's not getting direct light (they tend to prefer indirect light)...

This is mine.. the color isn't exactly right.. more green then the picture shows.. but as you can see, he's on about a 45 degree angle in relation to the light

GOB.jpg

deacon hemp

Thats funny my GOB eats small blue legs,he opens up during the day and if the hermit gets too close-wham he's sucked in!!.Twice now i've seen hermit shells half out of his mouth!,he's a hungry dood,i also feed him weekly.

ok now that I look at your gob mine looks nothing like that! The pet store had it labled as a gob the guy said it was a gob but it just dosent look like yours???

er.. ok.. now that I think about it, if you could find a picture on the net, you'd probably know what it was.. so scratch that idea..

do you have a digital cam to take a pic?

deacon hemp

To xavier i guess youd be talking to me,i don't have a pic of my GOB munching on a hermit but belive me it's happened 2 times i wish i did have a pic.I'm not the only one it's happened to someone else on this board! Here's a pic of my GOB anyway,it's not even that big so i don't know?

mine is not green like that its more white and it used to be brown areound the edges there is some green though its more in the center. and the ridges around the outside are more jagged. its not opened up like the two posted here.

I have a white with very bright flourecent green brain. Is this what yours looks like? The picture really does not show off the green color but if yours is similar, you would know what I mean. I would say normal as this is how I received the brain and has been happy and healthy while remaining these colors.

Nope. The picture does not look exactly right. The green is very bright and is more pronounced in reality. It also has more pink to it that you can see in the lower left of the shot. I really do not think it is bleached since this is how I got it and it has been very healthy in that spot for some time with no changes in color.

Archived