inTank Media Baskets

Somthin's eatin my gigas

SeeDemTails

SeeDemTails

My gigas wiggled off the the frag rack yesterday and was on the sand all day and night. While it was on he sand, something ate on its mantle a little. The the little tube peice is chewed on and the edge of the mantle looks like it also sustained a small amount of damage.

In a clean tank that the clam has lived in for a long time, what are the chances of recovery? I have never seen a injured clam and I dont know how they recover.

you know whats wierd is the exact same thing happend to my gigas, it looked like something chewed on the mouth and part of the edge of the mantle, that was about 2-3 weeks ago and now my gigas is growing a new mouth and its mantle is perfectly fine

SeeDemTails

I am not sure what it was.

There are two holes where the tube used to be. How long does it take a clam to regenerate its mantle?

I am not sure what it was.

There are two holes where the tube used to be. How long does it take a clam to regenerate its mantle?

Assuming conditions are similar:

you know whats wierd is the exact same thing happend to my gigas, it looked like something chewed on the mouth and part of the edge of the mantle, that was about 2-3 weeks ago and now my gigas is growing a new mouth and its mantle is perfectly fine

perhaps 2-3 weeks. :D

I had something nibble on my maxima when it was in the sand a while ago. Come to think about it, it healed probably in under a month. It is now up high on a rock and seems to be doing fine.

Archived