Top Shelf Aquatics

This is crazy!

Alexraptor

Ok a week ago i posted a thread of my 5 newly aquired snails dropping like flies within 24 hours.... it happened again!!!!

Its like this, i contacted the LFS guy, he offered me new ones for free to replace the ones that died. well, i got 5 astreas, brought the home, started a more thourough acclimatization, dropping the first one in as an experiment after the first hour, and the last ones 4 hours later.

They are all dying!!!! every single one of them are dying, exhibiting the same symptoms as the trochuses, unable to stick to the class, little response to stimuli of the foot.

Quite frankly, i am at a loss to understand this, nitrates are barley measurable, all other inhabitants, corals, crabs, fish, and previous snails(ceriths and astreas) are FINE! in perfect health. why wont these new snails LIVE!? :tears:

i had the same issue with mine. all my new snails kept dying and dying. Try sticking them to the glass as soon as you are introducing them to the tank. I did this and i haven't lost a snail since.

did they just get them in? many lfs dont acclimate anything, least of all snails and crabs.

what do you do to stimulate the foot of them? i'd just put them in right side up on the bottom and leave them.

did they just get them in? many lfs dont acclimate anything, least of all snails and crabs.

what do you do to stimulate the foot of them? i'd just put them in right side up on the bottom and leave them.

i prod it a bit with a blunt stick.

wasent quite as bad, the first batch died, but some of the new ones actually are comming around, i thought they were hopelessly lost but...

Dr.Fumanchu

Have you checked for Nitrites. Any trace of Nitrites will surely kill your snails. If you have Nitrates showing you are probably still cycling.

Have you checked for Nitrites. Any trace of Nitrites will surely kill your snails. If you have Nitrates showing you are probably still cycling.

nitrites? in a 2 year old tank with rapidly growing monti's and other well established corals? :P

Archived