Pod Your Reef

BTA Movement

MWafler

I have the opportunity to get a BTA for a really good deal this weekend, but I'm only running 1.8 watts per gallon of PC right now, BUT next weekend I'm getting a 70w PC light for my tank so thats 7 watts per gallon. Would the anemone do fine for the week or should I just pass on the offer?

Its a 10g ( I know) the bta is small and I have a much larger tank to transfer it to when it outgrows the current tank...

But not catastrophic death? I think it should be able to go a week (or less) on 18 watts....I'll put it in a bright spot...

Koral krazy (reefer 365)

I think it's a 50/50 chance. The anemone could take a little stress, and end up happy after he gets transferred out, or it will die of shock after a few days.

i would just get prepared to buy a larger tank in the future. i have a RBTA in my BC14 now for about 2 months its small the tank has a sunpod with 150hqi. When it gets to big ill move it to my 200g

Picture059Small.jpg

My new BTA has move from its original spot, thats not the weird part though. I don't have alot of light right now (waiting on new light - 2 days) although I placed the BTA near the top of the tank for the most light but its chosen to go near the bottom and back into a rock recess and sit quite far in. Is is just getting used to its surroundings or is something else wrong?

I have no experience and am only going off other things I've read here, but with the change in lighting, it might be hiding out until it gets used to things.

Don't worry. they always move until they find a spot they like in your tank, however i would monitor it so it doesn't sting none of your corals

Archived