Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

New Eclipse system 12

steelrain

My tank has been up and runnig for about a month. I am using the CSL Super Nova 32W retro, a powersweep 214. I only supplement with Kents calcium(for coralline growth), So far all the readings are within spec, but I am going to wait at-least two months before I add any corals. for livestock I have 1 Ocellaris clownfish, 1 sm Yellow tailed damsel, 4 Astraea snails and 1 Scarlet Skunk Cleaner Shrimp. One quick question, As you can see I am using the Venturi attachment for the powerhead to mix air into the water, What is you opinion on using this

tank.JPG

I would say, skip the venturi on the powerhead. Bubbles in saltwater tanks just make a big mess with salt creep and I'm not sure if it really does anything for you. Most of us reefers try to keep bubbles out of our tanks hehe.

But, to each their own. If you like it, don't mind cleaning up salt creep, keep an eye on your salinity etc... then keep using it. :)

John

The bubbles may also bother corals. BTW, my powersweep has pretty much stopped working. I have to clean it twice a day to keep it sweeping.

Archived