Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Bully Shrimp?

BigAl07

Anyone seen a Banded Coral Shrimp be a total bully? I mean not only to the other shrimp (peppermint 3x, Fire Shrimp 1x) but to the Lobster and as of last night even my clown. That was the LAST straw. That's the one fish that this tank was originally set up FOR and I am not about to stand for that.

What do yall suggest?

#1 a local "enthusiast" ( I use that term loosely) suggested that I capture the guy and gently pull on his pinchers back towards his hind quarters there-by removing his "weapon" and putting him in Time-Out for roughly 4 weeks at which time they grow back

#2 take him back to the LFS so that someone else who may or may not care about the aggression can deal with him

#3 other solutions?

Allen

Lets get together and have a Shrimp Boil, I'll bring the beer!!!!!!!

I had a Banded Coral Shrimp, that dude sucked for the same reasons you are listing. Git rid of him, that is your best bet. You dont need that kind of harrassment. Cheers and good luck catching em'!

:lol: Thanks for the input! No worries about catching him. I caught three yellow tail damsels last week. He's a LOT less mobile than they were and I'll use two nets if need be. Wonder what I'll get in his place? Skunk cleaner maybe? :)

Allen

:lol: Thanks for the input! No worries about catching him. I caught three yellow tail damsels last week. He's a LOT less mobile than they were and I'll use two nets if need be. Wonder what I'll get in his place? Skunk cleaner maybe? :)

Allen

I love my cleaners, especially if you have an any fish that will participate with them. They really keep your fish clean and bacteria free.

Allen

How in the world did you catch those yellow tails!... I have one that is the bane of my existence. :lol:

Back on topic, I agree that you should get rid of the shrimp.

How in the world did you catch those yellow tails!... I have one that is the bane of my existence. :lol:

Back on topic, I agree that you should get rid of the shrimp.

After lunch he's getting "Evicted"!

It was NOT easy but I was determined they HAD to go!

:lol: I ended up taking most everything out of the tank (it's only a 10g with minimal rock and decorations) and used two nets and a "turkey baster" (don't even ask). It took about 20 minutes to get all three and the wife and I were both SOAKED with SW when it was all said and done. when I walked into LFS all wet the owner about peed his pants laughing. He said," I didn't realize you were SERIOUS About catching them today..... I hope there's still SOME water INSIDE the tank.

Allen

Archived