Top Shelf Aquatics

Best way to frag Yellow Ployps?

Snazzy

can you cut them off their base and then supper glue them to a new rock? that would be the easiest imo. like the way you do w/ xenia. or will they attach naturally by using the wedding vale net w/ rubber band? sujjestions would be nice

~thanks snazzy

no, you really need to remove the entire polyp imo. you can't remove just the upper portion of a polyp. at least i've never seen one regenerate from a partial polyp as you describe. otoh, i have seen them regenerate from a very damaged polyp, i.e squished or pecked at polyp.

your best bet imo is to razor blade the connecting tissue between polyps and slide the razor underneath the base (easier if you start peeling from one of the cut connecting tissues you just cut). the polyp should peel off relatively easily.

then you can just superglue it onto a dry fragment of rock or whatever. i've even glued them onto snail shells or hermit's snail shells even. :lol: hth

sephroth_r1

for the most success, get some rock that is still attached to the tissue as well. It makes the coral more happy not having glue directly on it

for the most success, get some rock that is still attached to the tissue as well. It makes the coral more happy not having glue directly on it

thanks for the replys :):D

A slower but safer method is to lean a piece of rubble against a polyp on the main rock. It will attach and then begin to spread over the new rock.

Prof.

Archived