Cultivated Reef

Upgrading....

shag26272

Picked up a 40 Breeder for half price at petco, I drilled it , Built a stand,overflow, and now its filling with RO. I have a single 20k 400watt MH on the way im gonna probabaly try out the lumenarc reflector with it. No skimmer yet, the LFS has the octopus 150 for about 115 bucks. Ill also be using the new Koralia powerheads.

DSCN0186.jpg

DSCN0185.jpg

DSCN0184.jpg

Your water level will be low with that overflow the way it looks right now. Never seen one done with flex pvc before. Looks like a good start though and you'll like the koralia pumps.

thats not the overflow, I just installed a 3/8 in. black acrylic overflow today in the corner, I just happened to have a few rolls of the flex PVC so I decided to put it to use

plumbing is done and tank is almost filled, picked up a 300 watt titanium heater and im running that with a small powerhead and a biowheel filter to get the temp up and mix the salt, ill post pics soon

heres a closer pic with the overflow installed, the HOB filter is to get some circulation while I mix the salt and heat up the water, my return pump will arrive saturday

DSCN0189.jpg

DSCN0188.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

if you dont already have your skimmer , I highly recommend the ER RS-80 its a beast for a small tank like this

Archived