ReefCleaners.org

(aquapod 12) setup

donutgod

Some of us block the bottom intake grates off in order to increase surface skimming through the top teeth. In my case, I blocked off both lower grates before I even set the tank up; I wanted all of the water to pass through the surface skimmer and my filter media before moving into the other chambers where I have my chaeto. So far I've had no regrets; the only downside I can think of is that the rear chambers might be a little more sensitive to water levels in the tank.

Also, blocking off the lower grate in particular will keep sand from getting in the filter compartment.

Some of us block the bottom intake grates off in order to increase surface skimming through the top teeth. In my case, I blocked off both lower grates before I even set the tank up; I wanted all of the water to pass through the surface skimmer and my filter media before moving into the other chambers where I have my chaeto. So far I've had no regrets; the only downside I can think of is that the rear chambers might be a little more sensitive to water levels in the tank.

Also, blocking off the lower grate in particular will keep sand from getting in the filter compartment.

Hey TGB, how exactly did you block the grates? Did you blocked them from inside the filter or in the display area of the tank?

I suppose any piece of plastic/acrylic will do the trick, but did glue the piece?

Archived