Coral Vue Hydros

San Diego BBQ Meet

DeskJockey

Okay anyone whos going to the San Diego BBQ, post what you have to trade or sale so we can start bidding for each others frags, hehehe. Equipment, frags, moldy socks, whatever...... :P

I have (upon request):

Red sea xenia, Indo xenia, maybe some zoos, 2 large metallic green shrooms w/ sponge (rhodactis), & a few stony frags.

Ill have to check to see if I have anything else.

What Im looking for:

zoos (of course!), ricordia, stony frags, & Mag 7 or 9 pump.

Well as the person hosting, I prob shold say at least some particulars huh? :)

My home is in La Mesa near Fountain's aquarium. PM me and I'll add you to my email list for directions and a map... (sorry guys, I don't want my personal info posted forever in a forum message!

It'll be May 17th, let's say noon-3pm.

I'll provide a BBQ, Charcoal, and papergoods.

I'm asking everyone bring a potluck dish, any frags or equipment you'd like to trade or sell, and a cup of live sand for the mix bucket. (Bring 1 cup, get 1 cup out of the mex, it's a great way to add biodiversity to your tank for free.

I'm hoping I'll have some gree mushroom frags, gotta get the tank set up and the courage to cut up my buggest 'shroom this weekend...here's hoping.

So who else is coming?

save me hawt dawg and sum cheetoez yo.

:D

wish I could be closer. ps: NY reefers ain't represent'in :(

peace. B Ther in Spirit !

I was going to drop by, but since Dave ESPI "asshat dance Instructor " is not going to be there, I going to miss it. NOT!

I will stop by with my old nano set up for Jill and some stony frags and Xiena

Rick_J_G

PS - PM me Jill

ok, who else?

Who's bringing what to trade/sell? BTW LA and OC folks are welcome too, maybe someone could give lisbeth a ride!

Jill

BTW, I cleaned out my inbox for those of you who got "bounce" messages! :)

Anyone coming have an inexpensive GSP frag for sale? I'm too cheap to pay 20 or 30 bucks for something that will grow like a weed from a little frag!

ladyamanda

ok, I KNOW there's more So Cal folks then this...so who else is comming to the BBQ/FragSwap for Nano-Reefers?

My new tank is alomst ready to move livestock into, it's looking pretty nice, but now I've got to aquascape it for pics! :)

ladyamanda

ok all, directions and such will be going out tonight

If you haven't PM'ed or emailed me, now's the time...:)

I live in La Mesa, and we'll do a BBQ/Potluck get together along with the equipment/frag sale & swap......

formliquid
Originally posted by ladyamanda

Sure is quiet in here...so who's coming and what are you bringing?

Im going. I will bring a box of cookies since I can't cook :)

DeskJockey

Yeah things have been pretty stagnant around here :

I plan to be there......hmmmm and I have no idea what to bring

Tank is set up with the sand and rock, being used as a refugium and all the bugs are doing great, THANK YOU! B)

Not so sure about the prizm yet - every time I try to use it (even with the valve closed/almost closed) it spews bubbles into the tank. :|

Yeah that's the one thing about them. Gotta keep the flow valve almost closed. Let it run for a few days. It should stop putting less bubbles to almost nil. It's just breaking in and pulling additives and crap that's in the water. Hope to see pics. And nano-reef thong pics. Just kiddin. :happy:

DeskJockey:

I have near hand full size Zoo colony to trade. It would take me 90 minutes to get there and I would not arrive until 2-3 PM. Would it be worth even going? Would you have anything left to trade or buy by that time, or would I just end up with a stressed Zoo colony? Let me know.

ladyamanda

Okey everyone,

Meet is tomorrow, as a reminder, bring

1. a cup of live sand from your systems for the "mix bucket"

2. Any frags or equipment you'd like to trade/sell

3. Some sort of potluck dish to share

4. If you want to BBQ, I have a grill BYO.

Meet will run 12 - 2 at my place.

I will be there about 1:00 pm

I have a couple of sp staghorn frags that have been doing very well in my ALIFE.

One encrusting Xenia on a nice little piece of LR.

I have a lot of tiny stars I could bring if some one has a fish only tank you want to put them in. They don't seem to bother corals, but they do eat algae, including coralline.

I am also bringing my first nano setup, if you can out trade Ladyamanda for it, you can take it home.

Rick

Archived