Coral Vue Hydros

25g - the aftermath

Xavier

So... the aftermath of the Green Lagoon... things have settled.. I've started moving corals back from the hospital tank.. I figured I'd show some recovery shots:

Full tank

tank13.jpg

Green Open Brain

http://warline.dyndns.org/tank_pics/GOB.jpg

Zoos under actinic (logicalreef zoos)

http://warline.dyndns.org/tank_pics/zoo.jpg

Zoos under daylight/actinic (logicalreef zoos)

http://warline.dyndns.org/tank_pics/zoo1.jpg

you can see the green button zoos in the background which were logicalreef zoos...

Also in the tank is a Purple Tip Anemone (need to get a better picture, it's kinda blury), misc shrooms, some more zoos (these pics didn't come out well either), mint colored candycane (which can be seen in the zoo pics), some rics, and GSP (recovering nicely - will have a pic soon)

Fish include a blue damsel, false perc, sabae clown, and red firefish... The false perc has taken to sleeping in the GOB, and the sabae clown sleeps in the PTA

Misc. critters include blue legged hermits, reef hermits, red legged hermits, margarita snails, strombus snails, trochus snails, nerite snails, queen conch (from logical as well), and a tiger tail cuke...

I've been hoping the GSP will grow over the branch in the back right, and the zoos will take the branch in the middle.. the zoos seem to be winning the race.. I think I need to step up my kalk additions now that things are starting to settle down...

nice job on the "aftermath", tank looks real good :)

cant see ya Xenia LOL, wish you had found the secretive xenia organisation, and let them burn in the green lagoon... well at least make them smell it, just guessing :x

NO really, nice tank Simon

Originally posted by R*Frost*

cant see ya Xenia LOL, wish you had found the secretive xenia organisation, and let them burn in the green lagoon... well at least make them smell it, just guessing :x

I WILL discover my Xenia attacker... it's my blue damsel I'm almost sure of it.. I have hermits, snails, and bristle worms in my hospital tank and it regrew in there without any problem.. it co-existed with my false perc and sabae clown without incident while they were in the hospital as well.. the blue was never moved to the hospital during the green lagoon (I wasn't able to get him out)... once the Xenia was returned to the tank, it was destroyed again - immediately... my GSP and other corals have been left untouched... and originally saw the blue hovering over the Xenia the first time it was eaten (didn't witness any actions, just observing)... next time, I'm going to try to swap the blue from the main tank with the Xenia in the hospital, and see if it lasts... the poor stalk of Xenia has been abused so badly :(

Originally posted by R*Frost*

NO really, nice tank Simon

You may have me confused with an "Xavier" from another forum? My name isn't Simon :)

It looks much better! :D I like green, but not in your tank.

If you need to replace the Xenia I almost always have frags. When you guys come down to the area I'll hook you up.

Sounds good.. I may take you up on that.. need something to keep your Xenia under control? I trade you my blue damsel for a stalk.. heh heh...

The original stuff will regrow from the mat.. it did last time.. I expect it to do so again with a lil' bit of care...

Liz.. you gonna be at the frag swap in Encino?

You may have me confused with an "Xavier" from another forum? My name isn't Simon

nah thats my name LOL. The damsel is in for it.

ditto, i like the LR structure very original (sounded good) :)

Thx Frost..

I actually added two new fish and I think the algae is taking advantage of the additional nutrients.. so I'm seeing a bit of an algae bloom.. but it should settle down in a week or two..

Xav, I'm going to try to make the swap. Won't know for sure till later in the week. Don't have anything to swap but it would be fun to go anyway.

Archived