Pod Your Reef

Holy star polyp growth batman!

jojopus

Here's a before and after of my BSP's. Ive had them roughly a month and I'm amazed at how much theyve grown. Ive also noticed, since ive increased the flow that they are getting, that spines along their tentacles are becoming more pronounced.

When i got em'

Another pic I'd like to share. My 2 purple mushrooms. There are actually 3 of them....there's a new one that just budded off of the foot of the mushroom on the right...it's hidden right now but it's there. Iv'e had them for about 3 weeks. They have a bunch of green striping on them as well that is not apparent from the photo.

Sweet!!!! Those Stars look great!! What kind and how much light do you have them under??? Im definatly going to keep my eye out for those in my LFS!! *jealous*

thanks BR!! I've got them under 2x36 PC. one 7100k white and one csl 50/50 (10,000k/actinic). Im kinda partial to more white light than most. I plan on getting a squamosa clam sometime so the extra white light will be helpful.

sweet!!! Im with you on the white light aswell!! The blue lighting kind of gives me a headache if i stare in for to long! LOL Looks great anyways, one day i hope to have something as nice!! Great job!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

yah caj, theyre nearly covering the entire face of the rock. We'll have to see who grows faster, your steroidal anthelia or my stars....hehe

I once had GSP in my 55g before I went reef under 110w VHO and I have NEVER seen them grow so fast, they overtook a section of rockwork in like a month. It was so weird that they did so well under that weak lighting. You Stars are lookin mighty happy :)

Cool caja, I cant wait till mine are fully open and look that nice.

T?@7, yeah those suckers grom lick weeds..... theyre even growing fast enough to outcompete the hair algea thats also on the rock.

Archived