inTank Media Baskets

WTB Live Rock/Sand ...

Marasol

Heya fellas. Ive been trolling around the last few weeks looking to learn about the new and exciting advances in the hobby. I had a partial reef setup about 20 years ago and never put it back up after moving. Im back.

Anyhow Im 1 hour due west of Chicago. Im looking for anyone tearing down a tank or mabey having some live/dead rock left over. I just cant force myself to pay 10 bux a pound for live rock. Even in the 10 gallon im setting up id be looking at 150 bux. Its not much but I just cant do it. So far 8 bux a pound is the best price I can find locally but its pretty dismal looking stuff. Base rock was even 7 bux a poun (dry). Im a LFS supporter but for 2x the price of dry goods from Premium Aquatics i dont know that Im going to stay that way.

So long story short anyone around me have some live rock or some better places to buy? Otherwise i may as well put in an order with PA.

On a side note, I have an Oceanic 58 gallon reef ready tank. 20 years old or so but doesnt leak and is in prety good shape. Its fresh at the moment and Im entertaining offers if anyone around me might have an interest. Its reef ready, drilled in a single corner with an oveflow box. It has a Nova sump and a (rio 2100) mabey? It also has a standard T8 fixture and a 2x65w remote ballasted pc compact fixture. I also have a large protein skimmer for the sump or HOB. Any offers? Otherwise I may set this one back up as salt in the future.

Im also looking for locals that may be interested in trading in the future. Drop me a pm or a post here and lemme know who all is local.

Take it easy.

-JD-

Archived