Cultivated Reef

Got some new corals!!! :D :D

BigReefer

I just picked up this rock with flourescent green mushrooms and some purple zoos!!! Some of the polyps havent opened in the picture but you can get the idea! :)

newcoral.jpg

shroomzoos.jpg

fulltank.jpg

Thanks Desk!! They are SO flourescent in person under the 50 / 50 lighting :) The polyps are now open, here are a few more shots! :)

close.jpg

full.jpg

Very nice! Those shrooms have that rock pretty well covered - hopefully that will mean some spreading out in the next few months. Great colors.

What can i say :o, very sweet!!!

love the aquascaping and the cave like bit looks real cool. What future corals have you thought of adding to your Nano and live stock,

p.s keep up the great work

Thanks guys! :)

Frost: Im not sure what else I will be adding :) I plan on going by the LFS when they get there shipments in and get anything interesting that might come in! :) I think i am limited to the soft / shrooms and zoos because of my lighting... but maybe not.. Im not sure.. I only have a 32watt CSL Retro and im not sure hard corals could live under it... If anyone knows and could let me know that would be great! :)

couple of corals that would be a good addition to your nano (best get them all checked over though as i am not an expert):

Most soft corals should be fine in your nano

Candycane coral

Frogspawn coral should be ok, BUT read what there habits are if your thinking of getting 1.

P.S if ya wanna no more do some Searching :).

Thanks guys! :) I am very interested in frogspawn! I havent seen any in my area... I will keep my eyes open and keep researching!

Archived