SaltCritters.com

This is Corona...My new Shrimp

05XRunner

Well I got myself a Lime mantis Shrimp today.

I really havnt found any info on this species. Only thing I can ever find is the peacock one. I am pretty sure this one is a smasher. Sorry about the tank its cloudy..Just redid the little cave for it. yet it decided to excavate under the rock thats on the right side of the tank for a den.

For those who have a mantis..How many times a week do you feed. Everyday or every other day.

IMG_1839Tank.jpg

IMG_1842.jpg

IMG_1838.jpg

IMG_1835.jpg

Yea i got it. Cause it was the octo tank..She past away last week after laying eggs over a month ago. So I had an empty tank just sitting there with justa hermit and snail in it. This Shrimp is 10x cooler then the octo was..its funny watching it carry around the large mounds of sand building its den area. His peepers crack me up to the way they move around...I am waiting for it to eat the hermit and snail then I will get more food for it.

avalanche1201

o man, what a great name for him :)

I love mantis and want to set up a mantis tank this summer, cant wait

hope you enjoy him, im jelous

MAN...he is an eater...He grabbed his fish...ate EVERY bit of it...I cant even find the bones or anything left over in the tank

very cool mantis! I love those guys! The color pattern is very appealing on this guy. Have you identified the specie yet? It almost looks like a "spearer" variety as opposed to a "smasher".

Also, might want to add some more live rock and live rock rubble to your tank. These guys love their seclusion, and will make some nice little "bunkers" to hide in.

yea I am probably gonna add more rock. he has made 3 holes already to hide in all over in the tank.

He is a Spearer and is a Pseudosquilla ciliata

Archived