Coral Vue Hydros

Has anyone ever run their CO2 controller through a timer?

mvite

Hey all-

I have a new Ca reactor and the mfr. recommends only injecting CO2 for 12 hours a day. I currently have a ph controller running my CO2 regulator.

If I were to run my regulator on a timer---how could I still use my ph controller as a failsafe in case of accidental OD on CO2. I don't totally trust my regulator---and want to put a LOWEST ph setting into effect.

I have a Milwaukee CO2 regulator

a Pinpoint Ph controller and a Schuran Jet Stream Ca reactor.

I appreciate any suggestions you may have.

Thanks!!!!

Mark

time to get an acjr my friend.

What are that?

I plugged my controller into my light timer. The reg is plugged into the controller. So---I run CO2 all day with the lights---I drop it to 6.25 and leave it there all day. The CO2 builds up--but in the Schuran--the CO2 is constantly recycled.

So----when I stop shooting CO2, the reactor still has a lot built up and will slowly raise. Then, the lights and CO2 come on again. It sounds like I "have" it--but I don't. :)

er1c_the_reefer

acjr (aquacontroller jr.) is a controller. it'll let you control the pH and the timer. you can set it to turn on and off with the light cycle AND you can set it so that it turns off your co2 is your tank pH drops below 8.0, assuming you get a pH probe to plug into it. it can also run fans, heaters, lights, chillers, powerheads, etc.

http://www.neptunesys.com/aquaControllerJr.htm

er1c_the_reefer

yay for more gadgets.

boo for another expensive piece of equipment. =\

be sure to get it with the dc8 and ph probe...

I have a Pinpoint controller----would I still need the separate ph probe?

Now that my controller's probe is in the Schuran--I miss having constant ph. I was thinking about buying a monitor to run in the system.

God, I gotta stop buying stuff. It's unreal!!! You know!!

er1c_the_reefer

i'd keep the pinpoint in the schuran to measure the effluent. i'd use the acjr with its own probe to measure tank pH to keep it from falling below 8.0... but then again, you could share the probe because once the reactor effluent is set, you don't really need to monitor it too often

seriously, its like everytime you tell yourself "i'm set, i don't need anything else, my tank is perfect" someone comes along and saids "you know, a liter meter would really help you keep up with dosing" or "tunze osmolator is the best top off ever"

Chupacabras
time to get an acjr my friend.
+1. All my tanks use these now. Their ability to control your CO2, act as a wavemaker and control your tank temperature to within' .1° makes it the best investment I've made on any tank.

Archived