Top Shelf Aquatics

Sebae Rehab

Nyxis

I'm looking for help with a sebae anemone I picked up two days ago. The short of it is there are no sebae around here in the kind of shape I would like so I took the plunge and purchased one that is bleached with the hope that it can be rehabed into a nice happy large home for my clowns.

march907us7.jpg

This is the current condition after two days. He only moved during the first 6 hours or so and ate on the first day. He's all alone (except for the crab that didn't want to leave it) under a 70w mh. Anyone here have any words of wisdom for me? Or better yet anyone done this successfully and want to tell me about it?

Fishfreak218

when i saw the title i though you meany Sebae was in rehab lol my bad...

let it sit under the MH for a week and start to regain its zooexanthelle (sp?) then start feeding it small peices of krill. Male sure you have good warer...

Thats pretty much all you can do. Keep the water in tip top shape, give it lots of good light, and feed it after it's used to the light. Never put a sebae through rehab, but this worked for a very very bleached (almost transparent) condy anemone.

Here's an update photo 6 days later.

march1507mu1.jpg

1000249oe0.jpg

My biggest worry is that it will overrun the mantis I keep in this tank before I'm ready to move it in with the clowns. I honestly didn't think it would do so well. So a warning to anyone else buying these watch out they can grow in a hurry.

ReefBuzz.com

I would limit the water flow hitting it's area for a bit while it gets a good footing. I feed mine scallops and pieces of shrimp soaked in selcon.

And they do get quite huge. Mine is about 14" in diameter.

Archived