ReefCleaners.org

Fragging Zoas at the stalk?

SeeDemTails

SeeDemTails

I have a nice colony of orange zoas that is being taken over by GSPs. The ones that the GSPs have already grown around are reaching up trying to not get stung anymore, but the entire base of part of the colony is covered in GSPs.

So they have like inch long stalks trying to get about the GSPs. Can I cut the stalks as low as I can and glue it to a plug?...Or will this kill the zoas?....They are going to be killed by GSPs anyway so I guess I have nothing to loose.

I am going to cut the rock between the two colonys with a dremel to save the others that havent been overtaken yet.

Any chance you can just rip off the GSP in between the zoas? Sometimes if you get it in the right spot you can peel up big sections.

SeeDemTails

Naw I already tried, it is on there good. I am gonna take it out of the tank to frag it so I will try to peel it up again, but I will still have to seperate the zoas from the GSPs, or it will just happen again.

i believe cutting the stalk too high up will kill the zoa for sure..... but hey, i guess it's worth trying if you ahve nothing to lose

SeeDemTails

I plan to cut them at almost the base, or as close as possible. I have ripped apart rocks and had zoas rip at the base and grow back, so I am assuming a clean cut right at the base should be too bad.

Let us know how it goes. Maybe try scraping the GSP down around the bases too, on the off chance that they grow back. Doubt they will, but hey, nothing to lose everything to gain.

Archived