Top Shelf Aquatics

Green Star Polyp

SILVERONE

Hey there.......

Purchased a nice piece of green star polyp for my 12 gal last Sunday....lfs were I purchased it said to set it high in the tank, near the flow...but it still hadent opened as of yesterday...called another lfs....he said sit it high with no direct flow.... tried that buy turning off the powere head near it and a few polyps opened...then closed after a while.......

Any feed back on the above...also what are the ideal water perimeters if that should be a fator

Andy~

It's possible that the GSP are exposed to too much light. How much and what lights are you using. Try placing them lower in your tank and see waht happens.

I wouldnt worry to much about that, GSP can be very finicky. Sometimes taking days to open. I just got some nice GSP a few days ago. I places it at the very bottom of my tank which is an 18gallon HIGH. 20" to be exact, with lots of water flow. I have 2 36watt PC lights. I have had no problem with mine

Now I have done some reading on these guys and they will not open up very easily if the PH is to low. They are very sensitive. But if everything looks ok, take a look at the encrusting shell that they live in. Does it look smooth and intact? Or does it look like it getting flacky? If it is looking flacky then you are loosing the GSP.

XsploveReefin

Hey man mine didnt open up for about 2 weeks fully just a few polyps , But know they are all open sometimes they just close up for no reason and then reopen like a week later just my 2 cents

• 3 weeks later...

I read that they like medium water flow to remove sediment from them. I have mine in the middle of tank right under my filter and it's growing like crazy. I have a 10g with on 28w PC and 1 15w NO 10k.

Archived