SaltCritters.com

I have a very important question...

quiksilver5768

quiksilver5768

ITS LONG BUT PLEASE READ....ok...listen to this...my 20 gallon long micro reef sprung a leak. The only tank i have empty is a 10 gal. i moved everything into the 10 gal and it actually looks a lot nicer and fuller than everything looks in the 20. My question is about lighting...on my 20 i had 2 55 watt compact flourescent lights (1 actinic and 1 10,000 K). I was getting a little bit more than 5 watts per gallon but now im getting over 10 watts per gallon! i need to know if this is too much and if it will damage my corals because that is A LOT of light for a 10 gal.  I dont want to get rid of the light though because i paid about $90 for it all. Please if you have any suggestions about my situation post one up... thankyou (also anything else about powerhead flows and if the current is too strong)

I think you can acclimate them to the light...try shorting amount of hours of light they are getting. I read somewhere in these post about someone adding more lights so they had to acclimate them. I think this is about the same situation. Good luck

:smile:

Christopher Marks

#Moderation Mode

I would turn one of the lamps off and only run the daylight.  If you plan to keep it this way then you should remove the second lamp entirely (if possible) and place a 55w smart lamp into the remaining one, so you just have 55w of light.

I'll move this to the main forum so you will get more responses...

Moved here

Archived