Coral Vue Hydros

MH "shimmer effect"

kronk

Helfrichs Chick

Dude thats sick! I am going to be making a hood deal for my tank, hard to describe but I think I will add some LEDs too! Very nice.

I tried the 70 MH light in my 12g nanocube hood yesterday. It's only a few inches above the water and while I did notice some shimmer I wasn't like "JESUS CHRIST LOOK AT ALL THAT FREAKIN SHIMMER". I guess I need to increase my surface agitation.

brent-konieczny

I just set up my 70watt viper (14000k) over the 3.5 gal display of my 5.5gal false wall tank. It's 2.5" over the water and makes great shimmer because of my surface agitation. When I turn the pumps off to feed the fish all that shimmer dissapears :(, but the 70watt halide is making my corals grow at an incredible rate and the colors keep getting more intense (healthy zooxanthellae)

i seem to get the best results when i move the point source a little farther away. good surface agitation is a must. my custom canopy is only 6" in height (i dont like the look of top heavy canopies), so using a halide is not a option for me. thats where the led's come in handy.

Archived