ReefCleaners.org

Lighting a tank that's 18 inches in length

southpaw23

Have been runnin through tonnes of threads and so far i've yet to find a solution for lighting my tank that's 18" in length...most suggestions on bulbs, reflectors, ballast kits look like they're suited for 24" tanks and above.

Does anyone have a similar problem or found a solution to this. I just realised that 18" bulbs won't even fit in my current hood....i'm guessing that i'll probably have to DIY a hood but even then...it's gonna be longer than the length of the tank to fit the 18 inch bulbs in.....to top it off....there aren't many bulbs at that length that put out high watts....so what's the solution?

Just so you know...i'm very new at this and don't reside in the US so ordering from AHSupply and HelloLights is not an option for me. I guess what i really need to know is if there are even bulbs with enough watt's in them to power the tank and are less than 18 inches in lenth?....makin sense here?....bear with me...

Oh and here's the thread with a picture of the bottom of the hood to give you all a better idea of what i'm talkin about....i'm aware that i'll probably have to scrap the hood and custom built one myself but was hoping to keep it and fit the new lighting setup in there...comments? :blush:

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/showthread...20&pagenumber=1

Archived