Coral Vue Hydros

Rose Anemone(s)

wheresnemo

I have two roses in my 12 gal.... Actually, I have 3 but I gave one to my brother. But I got my first anemone, and he split giving me two... I have an inlet at the back and found another. How many can you keep in a 12? Is it safe to have 2? My big one (first) is about 4 inches fully bloomed and stretches tentacles out to cover half the aquaria. Would it be wise to take him into my 6 gallon??? Are the Rose agressive? He eats a lot of shrimp by the way, so I don't know about adding cleaner shrimp though I have been having the itch to.

djchristone

er...i just have one question...what lighting do you have? because if you don't have the proper lighting, it doesn't really matter what you do :)

Chupacabras

Roses (rose bubble tip anemone's) aren't really appropriate for a 12, not even one.

It's sometimes done but generally what happens is you get a lot of stress induced splitting due to the close confines of the tank and an eventual tank crash.

djchristone

yeah don't bother trying to keep it out of the intake. that's probably a quicker death than slowly being starved to death without any real light :)

Archived