Cultivated Reef

Is a tiger Tail Cucumber not advisable for my 40 breeder?

NanoReefer411

NanoReefer411

Hi Everyone,

Well, I need something to stir up my sand bed and clean it really well. I've been doing my homework and reading up on some things. I've heard some conflicting information and just wanted to check with you all and see what you thought. I would like to know if a Tiger Tail would not be advisable for my system? It is 65 gallon total water volume. Main display is a 40 breeder though. I have read where they can get quite large, but have a good friend of mine keep one in a 55 gallon and hers wasn't very big. I really trust her and her thoughts on them. She had it for 2 years I believe. She said her tank was full of live rock as well. Right now I have a fighting conch (so cute and full of personality) Margarita snails, 2 banded trochus and only 1 nassarius. I'm going this weekend to get more Nassarius. So my question to you is, would a tiger tail be a good addition? I also am breeding copepods and from what I understand they do not feed on them. I just want to make sure it wouldn't strip my sand bed of copepods. Please let me know. Thank you so much.

Tangman1218

From what I understand, Tiger tails will ingest small portions of the sand and excrete what is not edible. In this instance, it could potentially strip the copepods in the sand I would imagine. It is a sand sifter.

Tang

Archived