Cultivated Reef

New Carpet!

hollister_08

hollister_08

Just bought a saddle anemone, has very nice color's!! And is healty, mouth is tight, no tears on the foot, very very sticky tentacles, and is eating well... :) Here is a pic of it acclimating, i will post more pics once in the tank! It is about 5"..

Chupacabras

It's hard to tell by your white balance, but is it light green?

I know everyone rages over blues, reds and purples but for my money the light colored haddoni's are the way to go since the natural hostees contrast so well against them.

Not to be preachy or anything, but be sure to have a larger tank standing by. Saddles get real big real fast; mines growing out some in a 30, too, but I've got a 75 waiting in the wings for it.

hollister_08
It's hard to tell by your white balance, but is it light green?

I know everyone rages over blues, reds and purples but for my money the light colored haddoni's are the way to go since the natural hostees contrast so well against them.

Not to be preachy or anything, but be sure to have a larger tank standing by. Saddles get real big real fast; mines growing out some in a 30, too, but I've got a 75 waiting in the wings for it.

I have a 250 MH w/a 20k bulb for right now, im going to buy a new bulb here in couple weeks (14k) But my parents have a 80gal tank i could put it in when it outgrows my tank..

You do know how big they get, right?

I had a blue haddoni that outgrew my 75...

Ya they can get up to 1'8" if i remember right! But i will either trade/sale or give it to my parents..

Helfrichs Chick

ummm you asked everyone if you should get one, we all said no, including dumb a** me, as I have to sell mine after 2 months... and you got one anyways. Why even ask any questions in the forums then? fighting0029.gif

hollister_08
ummm you asked everyone if you should get one, we all said no, including dumb a** me, as I have to sell mine after 2 months... and you got one anyways. Why even ask any questions in the forums then? fighting0029.gif

So how big was it when you got it, and how big has it gotin?? Just wondering, and ya i couldnt resist it!! lol But i was just wondering when i posted that thread. And i have a back up tank for it, so i thought i would keep it in mine till it grows out, and then put it in my parents 80gal and still be able to watch it..

Chupacabras

I don't think he did anything wrong getting that carpet; as long as his folks know they're going to lose a good half of their tank (and quite possibly many of their fish) to the dedicated care of a haddoni.

Helfrichs Chick

It was VERY small when I got it I didnt even believe it was a carpet, just under 2 inches. Now month and half later its up to about 5in diameter. Its a REAL PITA. It looks exactly like yours. I knew better, I am going to claim temporary loss of sanity on that one. ashamed0005.gif Oh and HAVE FUN cleaning or moving anything. IT HURTS LIKE HELL when it touches you, and they are VERY strong it literally pulls my hand in. F-ing freaky, and I have seen some freaky stuff in my day. I think mine is a super anemone. character0028.gif

Speaking of if anyone wants this SOB IM me! HE NEEDS TO GO TO A BIG TANK ONLY!

Honestly I am not worried about shipping this guy, as I think he is like a cockroach, and can live through a nuclear war.

hollister_08
It was VERY small when I got it I didnt even believe it was a carpet, just under 2 inches. Now month and half later its up to about 5in diameter. Its a REAL PITA. It looks exactly like yours. I knew better, I am going to claim temporary loss of sanity on that one. ashamed0005.gif Oh and HAVE FUN cleaning or moving anything. IT HURTS LIKE HELL when it touches you, and they are VERY strong it literally pulls my hand in. F-ing freaky, and I have seen some freaky stuff in my day. I think mine is a super anemone. character0028.gif

Speaking of if anyone wants this SOB IM me! HE NEEDS TO GO TO A BIG TANK ONLY!

Honestly I am not worried about shipping this guy, as I think he is like a cockroach, and can live through a nuclear war.

Ya that is cool.. And my parents are willing to take it, as long as it doesnt roam around the tank! And i dont think that would be a problem, i put it in the left side of my tank on a big rock and it is staying put for right now! And i do not have a reaction to the anemone's sting, it grabed my hand and wouldnt let go the first night, and i geantly swushed it off, and i had no reaction what so ever! Here are some more pics of the carpet fully open up, all im waiting on is my Perc;s to host it now! :) They like to look at it, and some times touch it but havnt gone the hole way yet!

hollister_08
Looks good, keep us updated! :)

Thanks, and i will try to take pic when i get home today.. But everything else is good w/it, no disappearing fish yet...

Archived