Cultivated Reef

Updated pic of my 7 Bowfront.

reefphreak

Lookin Good!!!! What are the large red corals called??? I need to fill some space in my tank and if i can find some that size, that would be sweet!! Nice tank phreek! :)

I don't really know exactly what they are but if someone could ID them for me it would be apprecciated. I have just been calling them tree corals. Thanks for the compliment.

Is the CSL 32 Retro the your only source of lighting? I have the same one and my yellow polyps don't look too good, some are brown and some are yellow. I lost all the tiny ones..... I don't have a lot of flow in the tank and they are on the bottom in the corner. Yours look great and they are really close to the top. Maybe i should move mine closer?

What do you think?

Yes, the csl retro is my only source of light. I just moved mine up today from the bottom and they reached for the light right away.

yea my polyps always look bad....i have never had the spread...i think i gona stop trying to keep them[my second time]......nice tank

• 1 month later...
Rock Anemone

Your signatures states that you have a 2-32 watt CSL lighting system, can you post pictures of the tank with that lighting? Also, can you get a picture of the hood for me?

Thanks!

Rock Anemone:)

Beautiful tank BTW!

reefphreak

Here is the hood I made. I have two csl retros in it and a cooling fan in each end running at half voltage and one is blowing in and one is blowing out so there is always flow through the canopy. In with the cool and out with the hot. My bulbs are so nice and cool now. I ordered a 50/50 from Hellolights because i heard they were much better than the csl but it hasn't come in yet. It is due on the 27th. I also just updated the pic again on this page at the top. I had to move the tank around a little to get my sleeper gobie out. It was spreading sand all over everything so he had to go. I also traded some colt frags for the Zoo rock. Thanks folks... :)

Archived