Coral Vue Hydros

yet...another mantis...

djchristone

lol..yeah you read it correctly...another mantis...but THIS time! THIS TIME! it was to save it's life!!! not because i wanted another one xP

so on thursday night or so, i get a call from the lfs asking me what to do with this baby mantis shrimp they just found inside one of their coral shipment boxes. "should i throw it out? should i eat it? should i kill it? do you want it?" well...of course i WANTED it...and after he said it was an inch, i just had to have it. at least all of my mantis shrimps have been around 2-3 inches at least so this thing just sounded darn cute...

i got to the lfs on sunday (was originally gonna go in on friday but got really sick) and after digging around through all the rocks, there he was. sitting on the digital thermometer...actually smaller than it. lol

a bit amazing though..i took one look at it and i thought it's probably a smithii without having any real reason to believe so and lol, i was dead on the money when i just checked it -.- anyway, i'll post pis later :) he's incredibly cute.

i also just noticed he hunts the bigger pods -.-

the serpent star fish i have with it constantly moves it's legs so whenever one gets in front of the mantis, he just smacks it away even if the starfish can't feel it :P and hahaha, he gets stuck on the ac20 intake as well :P he gets quite mad at that as well smacking it repeatedly to get away from it. lol :P

Archived