Top Shelf Aquatics

how do i attach frags to rocks?

mr.fishman01

No offense to "six", but you can also just go to Home Depot or wherever else sells Super Glue and buy one for like 2 bucks. You really can't go wrong. Just get some that says "Gel". I know it might sound weird to have somebody tell you that you can just throw some standard household super glue in your tank, but you can.

I went to big lots and got a pack of 2 tubes for .80 cents and used it on my sps frags. It DID NOT work for the mushrooms but it did for my zoo frags also

Gotta remember, that glue cures HOT. shrooms arnt something to use glue on really either way. zoos, yes, they are resiliant.

Best thing to do

1. Put Glue on plug/disk/rubble
  2. dip in water to form a skin
  3. Attach frag lightly
  4. Place in a lower flo area, give time to heal/encrust
  5. ENJOY!

Gotta remember, that glue cures HOT. shrooms arnt something to use glue on really either way. zoos, yes, they are resiliant.

Best thing to do

1. Put Glue on plug/disk/rubble
  2. dip in water to form a skin
  3. Attach frag lightly
  4. Place in a lower flo area, give time to heal/encrust
  5. ENJOY!

Yeah i knew that. I just wanted to do something with the mushroom so i already had everything out just did it. But....my pump is really strong and it slimed up so the glue didn't hold and it got blown away somewhere in my tank. Oh well.

Crazy Glue, make sure it contians cynocryalte (can't spell it). I have used epxoy but find crazy glue more effective.

Its easier to glue rock to rock then it is from coral to rock.

I use a brand that is just called " super glue" and make sure you get the "gel" type.

yeah, you can use super glue, sure. i used to use it all the time. but it became an issue when it was $2 per good quality tube, and each lasted maybe 3-6 frags. The $1 store tubes were horrible and liquidy.

The gel was also not a consistancy i personally prefer for frags. even bought as "gel" it came out more like wet elmer's glue.

im not saying you cant use other products, im just saying from experience, 5 tubes of super glue wouldnt even come close to the quality of the brand i mentioned. also, in case youre wondering, that is not my ebay auction, i just bought something from them and was happy with the results.

GL

thats all you get Six?

I got so far...

My rack system

Some odds and ends around th e house

A gate on the Prizm Skimmer to put filter floss on the outlet

A project for concept development

And i still have plenty left. Last time I made frags I got about 30 zoo frags outa it, and it was about half used. Buck for Buck I like the Loc-Tite Brand. Ill give that stuff a try that you linked to tho. Always willing to try new things

if u go to a hobby shop they sell something called ca glue its the same as super glue gel and u can get a big bottle of it keep it in the fridge and it will last longer.

thats all you get Six?

I got so far...

My rack system

Some odds and ends around th e house

A gate on the Prizm Skimmer to put filter floss on the outlet

A project for concept development

And i still have plenty left. Last time I made frags I got about 30 zoo frags outa it, and it was about half used. Buck for Buck I like the Loc-Tite Brand. Ill give that stuff a try that you linked to tho. Always willing to try new things

Well, it leaks all over the place. i must have the worst SG gel available! maybe ill try it again when i use all the "good stuff". oh, i didnt mention i glue my fingers together too?

I glue frags that aren't really flat onto rough plugs and rubble. the thicker the better for me. i guess that all depends on what you use it for.

if u go to a hobby shop they sell something called ca glue its the same as super glue gel and u can get a big bottle of it keep it in the fridge and it will last longer.

that may be worth a try if it's cheap.

Archived