Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

recovery?

channah

Okay, I posted something last week about the conditions of my tank and my problems with the corals ("what's goin on?") Anyway, it seemed the general concensous that it was the tree spongs I had in there. Well, I ditched it, did 2 water changes, and I'm running carbon. My pagoda still isn't opening up, along with my green polyps and my green shrooms. My star polyps are looking good though, along with all my inverts. How long until I should expect some recovery? It's been almost 2 weeks

i thought it was just last week you posted that? ??? even assuming you ditched the sponge right away (which i mentioned may not necessarily have been the cause, just suspected it) you're talking about a full week, tops.

the gsp's are decent indicators of water conditions, so that much seems ok. the shrooms may be touchy no matter what. the pagoda is suspectible to injury (i.e. rot) ime tho.

give the carbon and skimming (recommended) a couple of weeks and see if there's improvement or change. observe the corals at different times of the day.

time, patience, and stability (besides the obvious pristine conditions) are what a reef needs. you're talking about animals that usually grow around 1/50 the speed of grass. heck, i'm sitting on (supposedly) bleached fiji still curing in a bucket after 3+ weeks.

yeah, I posted that last week, the problems started a little before that, though. How ill the pagoda show signs of rot? It looks okay, it's just retrated instead of "blooming"

all of this trouble after ditching the eclipse set-up. I thought it was gonna help! My corals were fine before I switched AAAAHHHHH!!!!!:X)

Archived