Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

New set up and LFS?

jorgeinmiami

jorgeinmiami

I went today to a LFS they had a what it look like a 10 or smaller gallon Eclipse on the counter. They had 2 small fish, shrimp, live sand and live rock. They also had a some kind of tree like bushy

brown live tree like thing. It was running on stock filter. Did not see a heater and 1 pl lamp.

I am planning same system with 12g Eclipse what other live things can i keep there with the standard pl lamp.

I am confused i thought for the other items in reef you needed better lighting in order for them to live.

Is it possible to get the LFS water and live rock and sand and not go through a cycle...

thanks

coralreefengr

Look at www.garf.org for info on low light systems. You can keep quite a bit of stuff happy with surprisingly little light. I won't go into detail at this point. You seem to still have a lot of homework to do based on the tone of your post.

yes it is possible to avoid a tank cycle by buying lr and ls and water from the lfs. but you have to keep the lr and ls on the way home. (use a couple of 5 gallon buckets) you still want to treat the tank as if it;s going to cycle for at least the first week. test daily and if afert aweek you tank does not cycle then you're all set. unless your heater decides to go on the fritz and boil your tank! X)

Archived