Coral Vue Hydros

how high up?????

SeaFish

i am thinking about getting the 175 watt 10k metal halide from champiolighting.com. the ballast is called blueline E ballast. it is suppose to be very quiet and longest lasting. my question is has anyone heard about this system? also, this light is going on a 20 gallon high via aqua tank. how high should the light be mounted.

i am making a cannopy about 1.5feet high and with the lighting system mounted in, the light itself should be abot 1 foot off the surface of the water. is this a good height or should i make it higher? also, with this 175watt 10k halide, would it affect its light penetration if it was mounted higher? and, with how will the temperature be a factor if it was mounted at least 1ft high? i am thinking bout installing one fan to regulate air in this hood. please let me know asap, because i got to place this order in by tomorrow morning. thank you all.

Sounds like the height is fine. You'll probably need to do some fine tuning on the height when you determine how much heat you'll need to diperse. The higher it's mounted the more light you'll loose but it's still better than just pc's or something. I had a 20 gallon with a 150w 10k HQI and it was around 16" above the tank....very bright...had many clams, sps, and blastomussa.

Cameron

Archived