inTank Media Baskets

First pic of my 5.5

Smokin-Reefer

Smokin-Reefer

Image1.jpg

The condylactis will be leaving my tank as soon as my g/f goes on vacation! [she bought it for me, thinking she was helping me get started, but you know how it is ;) ].

you can see my yellow colonial polyps on the bottom right, and a huge ass turbo snail, that needs to be removed as well!

Tank specs

5.5 aga

2x13w 6700k [going to swap out one for hellolights 5050, and add another actinic]

AQ mini w/ carbon

200W Tronic (buying 50w) tommorow.

9lbs of live rock

4lbs of live sand

2 blue legs

1 red leg

1 emerald crab

1 pep shrimp

all comments/suggestions, welcomed and appreciated!

Good start! Nice aquascaping. Welcome to the 5.5 club (if they can have a bowfront club we can have a 5.5 club :) ).

That's one big ass heater ! :D I'm glad you are getting a smaller one.

Smokin-Reefer

Word, I love my 5.5, perfect size IMO, However a 2.5 is looking rather temtping after i get this one going!

There are 2 smaller peices of "rubble" in the front, I'm going to put frags on them sooner or later, and a large round peice of rock on the top right, I hate that thing, It was also given to me, and doesn't fit anywhere! I think I'm going to smash it tommorow, and see what I can get!

Thanks for the reply.

Interesting you mention the smaller tank. I like the 2.5s also. But I'm not too crazy about the dimentions of the standard tank...so I'm going to build one.

Good luck with your rock smashing, I've done that. You can use superglue to put parts back together if something breaks off that you want to stay.

Smokin-Reefer

Yea, I agree, the normal rectangle shape doesn't "float my boat" either, I want to do a 2.5 cube, I've got a great idea for a hood and stuff too!

I didn't smash the rock yet, but I plan too, I'll try to get some pics ala:before and after.

I also was able to get rid of that damn condylactus!

Archived