Innovative Marine Aquariums

nem sucide?

Duffy

so i was cleaning my tank, when i took a sponge filter off one of my powerheads and my nem starts moving around.

i said, oh cool hes finding a new spot. Then within seconds he drifts into the suction of the powerhead. He was fully puffed up/open too.

i dont get it! ive had him for 2 weeks and hes eating and moved around just fine!

why would he kill himself, hes always known the intake flow.

i have him in a brine shrimp net right now, hopefully hell pull through!

help?

HecticDialectics
so i was cleaning my tank, when i took a sponge filter off one of my powerheads and my nem starts moving around.

i said, oh cool hes finding a new spot. Then within seconds he drifts into the suction of the powerhead. He was fully puffed up/open too.

i dont get it! ive had him for 2 weeks and hes eating and moved around just fine!

why would he kill himself, hes always known the intake flow.

i have him in a brine shrimp net right now, hopefully hell pull through!

help?

He wouldn't kill himself. Natural instinct is for survival. It probably felt better flow and tried to find a better spot when you took the sponge off. It wasn't put back on or replaced, so it did what any anemone would do to a powerhead inlet... get sucked in.

nem???????????

=anemone?????

definitely all anemones will get caught in a ph when the chance arises, and you absolutely have to have it covered at all times and turn it off when you remove the sponge to clean it

good luck, mine did the same, except it got stuck on the SPONGE....lol, retard, and never ate again and ended up starving and eating itself, hope your does better

=anemone?????

definitely all anemones will get caught in a ph when the chance arises, and you absolutely have to have it covered at all times and turn it off when you remove the sponge to clean it

good luck, mine did the same, except it got stuck on the SPONGE....lol, retard, and never ate again and ended up starving and eating itself, hope your does better

Yup he started puffing back up again, he moved to the back of tank to regenerate.

the anemone crab has been in a hole sence his house left.

ill keep every1posted

I had a powerhead fall off my tank wall onto a flower anemone, it sucked it into the powerhead and out came anemone chunks!

Probably the nastiest and hardest thing to clean I seen in my tank!

SeeDemTails

My guess is he is trying to survive ;)

I also do water changes twice a week with my power on.....all you have to do it be careful, I have been doing it for years.

Archived