Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

I'm devistated...

thejoie

I'm so upset.

My clownfish was looking a bit under the weather three nights ago. When I woke up in the morning he was gone. Now today, the other clownfish and my firefish have passed.

I checked all my levels. Everything is optimal. I don't add anything into the water. I feed phytoplankton and Kent Micro-Vert as well as frozen mysis shrimp. I did a water change the day the first clownfish died.

I did notice a few tiny white spots on the underside of the first clown when I took him out. I guess it could have been ich but the placement on the fish was so bad.. I could barely tell it was even there. His color was a bit faded too. The two fish I took out today have nothing on them.

My temp did have a huge spike in it one day when we went all the way up to 81 degrees from our 78. But that was about a week or so ago.

I don't know what to do.

The two fish after the first clownfish showed NO sign of illness.

The firefish was zipping around the tank today.

I don't know what to do. I don't want to put more fish in because what if there's something wrong with my water?

I'm using RO water.

I am so upset by this.

I had this tank cycling throughout December and started adding everything a little after Christmas. We upgraded from a nano tank to a 30 gallon. Everyone was eating great and I just don't know what could have happened.

*sigh*

What should I do with my tank? Any treatment? How long should I wait before putting more fish in? What about all my corals, do you think they're safe? I normally do a 5 gallon water change on my 30 gallon tank? Should I do a slightly bigger one now?

I'm sorry, I'm still a pretty big noob.

temp spike has nothing to do with it.

please post as much parameters as you can and all livestock.

i think its ich, unless you are 100% positive that you haven't noticed it on your fish for the past few months. you have to remember that the ich kills the fish after it reaches the inside of the gills, being hidden from human view.

i think its ich, unless you are 100% positive that you haven't noticed it on your fish for the past few months. you have to remember that the ich kills the fish after it reaches the inside of the gills, being hidden from human view.

Ammonia:0

Nitrites: 0

Nitrates: slightly over 0

pH: 8.1

Phospate:0

As of right now,

I have 5 blue legged hermits

horseshoe crab

emerald green crab

4 Turbo snails

6 Astrea snails

-forgspawn

-several zoa's

-PomPom Xenia

-various mushrooms

-green star polyps

-featherduster

i would try to wait a month or 2, do 5% water changes twice a week while your waiting, after a month or so add a fish. If its disease, a UV sterilizer will get rid of that pretty fast. but it will also remove the beneficial bacteria from your water column.

if they died from ich you would have had to ignore weeks of them being obviously externally sick.

to me it sounds like something got in the tank, windex or something.

have you used a chemical in your house at all? bug bomb or something? anything like that?

otherwise I have no idea.

I am guessing it was just too early for 3 fish. I have see it all too often where you add fish before the tank has really settled in and this is what happens. I would say start with one small fish and see how it does after a month or two and then try another. I now like to wait at least 6 months before I add any fish.

I could make a bunch of guess about what killed thos fish, but would prolly be wrong. Where did you buy them?????

I am guessing it was just too early for 3 fish. I have see it all too often where you add fish before the tank has really settled in and this is what happens. I would say start with one small fish and see how it does after a month or two and then try another. I now like to wait at least 6 months before I add any fish.

I could make a bunch of guess about what killed thos fish, but would prolly be wrong. Where did you buy them?????

Sorta going along with dickie on this one. It could be that the store you bought them from (assuming they came from the same store) just has bad livestock. I have one of those here in town and everything I buy from them dies.

I dont understand how fish from one store always die....? Are you guys buying sick fish? Or do you think they were cyanide captured?

I guess I'm trying to understand what kind of issues the store has with their husbandry/water quality that makes every fish from there die. After weeks in your tank, what would they have done to kill it?

Copper overdoses while they were in stock at the store could have done it, but I'm just wondering what you guys think.

I dont understand how fish from one store always die....? Are you guys buying sick fish? Or do you think they were cyanide captured?

I guess I'm trying to understand what kind of issues the store has with their husbandry/water quality that makes every fish from there die. After weeks in your tank, what would they have done to kill it?

Copper overdoses while they were in stock at the store could have done it, but I'm just wondering what you guys think.

tough one to say. If all the fish died its probally your tank. Water chemistry sounds good but any chance a penny or something got dropped in? white spots seems like ich. Try a uv light($). otherwise water changes and try again. The ich is always present in the water/tank so you can get rid of it completly. Phytoplankton? This can degrade water quality very quickly use it sparingly and spot feeding only for your filter feeders. I would be suprised if it happened again with new fish after your water changes.

Archived