SaltCritters.com

Harlequin Shrimp

John Bloch

Could I keep more than one pair of Harlies in a 20L with a 20H underneath it?

I was planning on culturing asternia in the sump, and then feeding em about every other day with a coupla stars...

other fish plans for the 20L-

six line

maybe a pigmy angel

Some sort of goby

and mayybe a pistolshrimp for the go-b... or a goby for the pistol...

you think that would work? or would I have to ditch the pistol?

or what?

thanks for your help dudes!!!!

I'd say not 2 pairs, 1 pair would be cool.

A ton of Asterina's really is'nt enough for them in time IME. (I fed mine a 4" Sand-Star once, and it mowed the WHOLE thing in less than a couple days)

Give serious thought to a Pistol Shrimp in that shallow of a tank as well. If you plan on having ANY sand whatsoever, (Which you should if you're gonna get a goby) you will hate the thing.

HTH

D

that;s weird...my roommate has two fully grown harlequins and they really take their time eating one...at least 2-3 weeks -_- so i guess uh...it once again depends on the personality...:)

and uh...with a sixline and angel...shouldn't you be worried about them nipping/eating/killing the harlequins? -.-

that;s weird...my roommate has two fully grown harlequins and they really take their time eating one...at least 2-3 weeks -_- so i guess uh...it once again depends on the personality...:)

and uh...with a sixline and angel...shouldn't you be worried about them nipping/eating/killing the harlequins? -.-

you think they will? i mean, are 6's and pigmys prone to eating small shrimp?

I didn't think that they were but, I could be wrong....

and the order of adding would be-

harlequins, angel, pistol/goby and then the six line...

and asternia, chocolate chips, I dosent matter... I can get either for cheap... its just that I can get asternia for like... free....

do ''The' Calvin'. Keep a few chocolate chip stars and every week or when they're hungry cut off a cc stars leg, as the legs regrow, then harvest another leg next time from a different starfisa and you will have lots of food for alot cheaper!

It's not practical to regrow legs.

I wouldn't keep more than one pair, and also, as Christone said, watch for predation.

Pistols will also readily kill Harlequins.

Archived