ReefCleaners.org

Coral Suggestion for new nano

Prophit911

Im a newbie to the nano-reef world and have just finished cycling my new 11g tank. I have an 8 lb sweet piece of LR with tons on life in it. I am currently looking for a coral to start with and am in need of suggestions for something hardy and interesting to begin with. Any suggestions?

I also have to small turbo snails and they seem to be acclimated to the tank fine. My LS is from Tampa online. I appreciate any help or suggestions. Thanks.

My first suggestion is MORE LR....8lbs really isn't going to do ya for 11 gallons...and adding more later will usually cause a nifty little ammonia spike that'll have a tendency to make whatever life you have in there less than comfortable. After that..its a personal choice...look around..see what you like...don't just take the first thing that pops up..because sometimes you can't get rid of that first thing later without a LOT of efforct (cf. Xenia elongata). Decide which direction you want to go with your tank...reef crest?, lagoonal?, mangrove flats?.

I'm not a big fan of having others suggest things to me....since they don't know what I like...you need to do the same for yourself...READ, READ, and READ some more.

Forgot to mention that 6 more pounds of fiji LR is arriving today or tommorrow for my tank. That should total around 14 lbs of rock. I appreciate the post though and just out of curiosity what kind of effect is the introduction of this new rock going to have on my tank?

Decide which direction you want to go with your tank...reef crest?, lagoonal?, mangrove flats?.

Is there any place (preferably online) we newbies can read on these different effects/aquascaping ideas?

The effects u r talking about, deimos, are related to rock placement, kinds of corals used, or both?

thanx

Archived