Innovative Marine Aquariums

just removed parasite from clown...

hydronerd

so I looked at my clown this morning and he had a giant purple parasite attached to his face. I carefully netted him and removed the parasite. Has anybody run into this problem? If so, did the fish bounce back? How could this have happened?

so I looked at my clown this morning and he had a giant purple parasite attached to his face. I carefully netted him and removed the parasite. Has anybody run into this problem? If so, did the fish bounce back? How could this have happened?

Form everything I have read (no experience on this) you might have more in your main tank. I thought I had the parasite pods but I am pretty sure I didn't.

Read as much as you can about parasite pods "cirolinids" (not sure of the spelling) check at night and suprise them. The fish can bounce back from everything read. But these things are pretty nasty.

Once I had a anchor worm parasite infect my koi pond. I netted about 10 of the fish and used forcpes to pull the little bugger right off. I then painted a solution of malachite green and methylene blue onto the wound and soaked them in a weak salt-water solution for 10 mins. It seemed to work, and several years later I have never had another anchor worm infestation since. All koi are currently happy (and currently, cold).

Archived