Cultivated Reef

Harlequin Shrimp...Anone have any.

05XRunner

I would like to get one of these. My one LFS has those asterina stars all over some of their tanks and they usually like give them away dirt cheap. How fast do these little guys eat these stars..how many would I need on hand to keep it fed.

er although i can't remember how long it takes for them to completely eat one...my roommate still complains about having to buy a new starfish every few weeks -_- my roommate has 2 in a 2.5 and it seems like it takes them a while to eat all of it. it seems by the time they finish off 1-3 legs, the starfish is dead so he has to cut it up and then he freezes it...and apparently starfish is incredibly tough to cut through...

oh, and he added the harlequins at different times. each time one was added, they basically killed the starfish immediately eating it. after that, they learned to take their time eating it so yeah...

but it is incredibly fun to watch the harlequin take on a starfish, how it "breaks it's legs" and flips it over. they also have a death grip on those things...they absolutely refuse to let it go...lol...

i had them and loved them they were my favorite pets. I had a mated pair since they were babies, i had "adopted" another but Scampi and Terriyaki killed it. I had them in 5g's 10g's and 20g's (i changed alot depending on my current mood) I had them for 2 years before i had to sell them because i was moving. I got 150 for the pair. But it was a very sad day. I also did regualr water changes and ran it skimmerless for a year and half. I had no spikes at all or anything because of them. I did use a lot of lie rock and they were in a reef. I think they can be appreciated best when they are in a smaller tank so you can see them all time and watch them wave thier paddles around. And o man, when its feeding time they snap out

Archived