ReefCleaners.org

When Blue Ringed Octopus Go bad

cult0890

where are you located I know some one in Socal but no one that will ship ....and you do know that it will kill you not might but will as in YOU ARE GO ING TO DIE! :slap:

i highly doubt you're going to find any non-organization person raising one, even less, breeding them -_- or even sell you one for that matter...

not to be offensive or anything but yeah -_-

why do you want one anyway? -_- you do know they're poisonous right?

---

lol pheallox, i stand corrected :P

formerly icyuodd/icyoud2

playing roulette with your own life is one thing

however, if you have children,animals or generally other people that live with you. its not your place to endanger thier lives.

it would be a pretty sad day to find out your dog has a new chew toy (found on the floor) that caused his death. :)

blue rings, like most other octo's are fantastic escape artists. if they can get there beak through the hole, the rest of the octo will follow suit.

these are the most poisonous critter in the world.

you'll be playing russian roulette everytime you clean the aquarium.

and all six barels will be loaded. :)

reconsider. :) if you do get bit, thier aint no turning back.

the other octo's in the hobby are just as cool, not to mention if you want/find the need to, you'll be able to handle them.

check out dwarf octo's

i highly doubt you're going to find any non-organization person raising one, even less, breeding them -_- or even sell you one for that matter...

not to be offensive or anything but yeah -_-

why do you want one anyway? -_- you do know they're poisonous right?

---

lol pheallox, i stand corrected :P

yes i do live in australia

you can die. omg, why risk that for a little octopus. get a diff one if you want an octopus. i just hafta ask why? why risk killing yourself, even others.

this octopus was on Steve Erwin's documentary, Ocean's Deadliest. that's gotta tell you something.

My personal opinion...a person with the knowledge/expertise to actually keep one would not need to ask nano-reef.com where to get one.

To answer the question of why someone might want one...I think with most people it is along the lines of "See how big my phallus is, I have a deadly animal in my tank."

:rolleyes:

KC

My personal opinion...a person with the knowledge/expertise to actually keep one would not need to ask nano-reef.com where to get one.

well said, and I agree with this one.

ive seen them for sale at a few pet stores up here in san francisco.

ive worked with them for research at the university, and i have to say that although they are beautiful, they arent very active, and remain hidden or inactive for the majority of thier short lives.

and of course i dont think i have to repeat what everyone else is saying about what a bad idea it is to keep an animal that can kill in 30 minutes, with no known antidote.

get some cuttlefish, those are absolutely amazing creatures as well, and much more active.

yes i do live in australia

Dude, are you a troll? Cause, if you live in Auz, should know more about these things since they're local to Auz. If you really want one, just go trolling at some beaches and you'll either catch one or get bit.

OK OK this needs to stop if he wants to risk his life for an animal hey let him it helps keep down over population and if he doesnt know where to get one then that shows he doesn't know how to keep them as for keeping such an animal why not as long as you understand and respect the dangers involved , there are ppl on here that have\had them, I my self only know where to get them becuse I have searched and will have one soon do I know I could die yes, do I know they can get out of almost any tank yes. Yet I feel that with enough understanding, planing and safty it can be done just ask RayWhisperer.

Oh yea and 3 post and this is what happens yea I'd say TROLL.

OK OK this needs to stop if he wants to risk his life for an animal hey let him it helps keep down over population

hehe darwin eh? :P

OK OK this needs to stop if he wants to risk his life for an animal hey let him it helps keep down over population and if he doesnt know where to get one then that shows he doesn't know how to keep them as for keeping such an animal why not as long as you understand and respect the dangers involved , there are ppl on here that have\had them, I my self only know where to get them becuse I have searched and will have one soon do I know I could die yes, do I know they can get out of almost any tank yes. Yet I feel that with enough understanding, planing and safty it can be done just ask RayWhisperer.

Oh yea and 3 post and this is what happens yea I'd say TROLL.

Definitely troll, and I agree with you. If he wants to risk his life, then cool. Have at it. But he's also risking the lives of anyone who may come in contact with the animal. Which is NOT cool.

Archived