Pod Your Reef

Turbo Snail Smoke?

me_again

I have a couple of Turbo snails and they did something tonight that I've never seen before...one was "smoking". They both traveled right in front of the water flow coming out of the main head (on the glass), one was on the other's shell, and one of them started blowing out this white cloud every so often. Are they reproducing? If not, should I be concerned about anything? Thanks for any help!

I have a couple of Turbo snails and they did something tonight that I've never seen before...one was "smoking". They both traveled right in front of the water flow coming out of the main head (on the glass), one was on the other's shell, and one of them started blowing out this white cloud every so often. Are they reproducing? If not, should I be concerned about anything? Thanks for any help!

yep. eggs/sperm! i don't think you have to be worried about anything. Nothing negative occurred when my snails did that...

I had about 20 doing it all night long.

My porcelin crab went crazy eating it all up, just turn up your skimmer to get out all that love from your water.

me again,

I'm in NC as well I live a few hours south/east of you in New Bern. Glad to see another NC'er up here.

Right on...Hello!!

I had about 20 doing it all night long.

My porcelin crab went crazy eating it all up, just turn up your skimmer to get out all that love from your water.

My porcelain went into hiding and I haven't seen it for a few days....hmmm?

..Must be that time of the month.
The moon does crazy things I guess...

They spawn with good tank parameters so your doing something right :)
Wheeew...That's a very good thing to hear when you are a anal rententive newb who worries about not killing everything I've put into my tank. :happy: Thanks for the encouragment!

Archived