Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Should I upgrade?

jjharrisx4

So here's the deal. I have a 15g tall nano that has been set up for a while now. It sits on a DIY stand that I made. When I made this stand, i made it 24 x 12, the dimensions of a standard 20g. So, now that I'm upgrading my 50g to a 100g, and have an extra 55w PC, I was thinking about upgrading the 15g to a 20g. What do you all think? I have about 20lbs or so of LR already in the 15g, and with the addition of the 55w PC I'd have 127w of PC lighting total.

If I do upgrade, do you think I could just add some new sand to the bottom of the new tank, and then move the sand from my established 15g to the 20? I hate to waste the sand because it's expensive here in CA...No SD sand anywhere.

I was thinking that the 20g standard would give me lots of extra room for more creative aquascaping, and more room for my 1 fish to cruise in. Maybe I'd even add another fish. who knows

bump

mo water, mo better. ;)

but i'd hesitate to say a 15g to 20g will result in "lots of extra room for more creative aquascaping" but at that level, a little extra depth (front to back) may look better. the jump in size just doesn't seem worth it imo. maybe to a 30xh or add on a refugium or change it to a species tank would be my rec.

Archived