ReefCleaners.org

what is wrong with this?

SeaFish

i have been trying to raise my magnesium to 1400ppm but i have only been able to raise it till 1335ppm. i dont understand this. i have added a total of 40ml of salifert liquid magnesium over a 48 hour period and still my readings are aound 1335-1380ppm. what am i doing wrong?

is there other brand of Mg that will have better result?

i do a water change once a week with 2 gallon of water each time. my calcium is kept at 450 and my alk is at 10-10.88.

can anyone tell me why?

Added Mg is bonding quickly with available carbonates? I don't really know but I don't think I'd be too worried about Mg levels like that. They look about right to my untrained eye, given the alk and Ca levels you have.

Don't sweat it.

if added Mg is quickly bonded with carbonate, then how am i suppose to raise Mg, alk, and Ca? thats where i dont get? is there a point to where i can add Mg, alk, and Ca so that all levels be kept high?

if your ca and alk are where you want them than why fuss with raising the mg levels? Check your other thread and verify mag levels with another kit if possible but your level was fine as is......no need to boost it with everything else looking ok.

Cameron

Archived