inTank Media Baskets

Oyster

alienup

Can you say "Raw Bar"? But seriously, they're filter feeders so any suspended food matter will be eaten by them which means less stuff that can decay and cause problems.

o all i need to know if it will mess up my tank i have 3 in my 30g because............. i dont know? so i put one in my nano should i take it out??????????

They strip 5 litres of water an hour filtering it. I think if you went to the beach and picked up a small mussel if you wanted a fliter feeder to help out :)

I think a nano may be too small but if you got a mini one you could give it a try, maybe rescue one from a fishmongers because there it will have a certain death, wheras with you you never know, it might florish, but it might outgrow your filter compartment if that is where it would be placed. Be cautios though becuase CGNano is pretty clever so don't think he's being mean at all, he is just saying it in a blunt way. Be prepared if you thinik it's not getting enough food to put it ack in the ocean if you must, as animal and invertibrates rights always come first in the tank.

i got one that came on my live rock and survived the cycle....it's about 1.5" across and very flat and white in color....i am assuming thats what it is, an oyster....but it seems to be doing well in my 35 gallon tank

Archived