Pod Your Reef

Updated pics of new corals.....

SaltyDawg

I recently got a bunch of new stuf so here are the pics. The first is of my Green star polyps. Almost all are open now! VERY prety me thinks!

This mystery coral was identified as a pavona coral SP.

A REAL find! It was a freeby from My lfs! I found it on the bottom of the display tank, asked what it was, He told me and I forgot! I had to post to find out again....DUH!!!!! He gave it to me since it is only like 1"x1 1/2".

This was also a freeby! Thanks to my LFS! Gullmo Man I keep telling you to b-s with them over at just about fish! See what you get! Free stuff! :) This was fragged last week by my lfs from a huge zoo rock. It is only about 2 1/2" in diameter with 6 polyp's. But in their tank they spread like mad. Hopefully they will in mine too! Oh yeah. You can finaly see what I ment when I said my sea mat polyps were actualy a vibrant red. For some reason any other angle then almost straight down makes them apear orange'ish? They have a realy cool bright orange ring around their mouths on the poylps too!

Thank's Bigreefer! I am only running 2x13w pcs on 2 x 20w NO balast's. The bulbs are 13w 50/50's from hellolights.com. I am prety sure they are CLS brand though.

I dose Iodine for my xenia and reef complete from seachem for my coraline.

only a few drops of each. about once a week with the iodine and every 3 days on the button with the reef complete. I change water via 10 % every 2 weeks.

The real major factor for this hobby isnt dosing chem's into the tank. It is leaving your hands out of the tank. Let some algae grow on the glass for a week or two. Seriously. unless you have no clean up crew. I only scrape my glass when I get fan worm skelletons and to much green hair algae. And for pictures of course. The idea behind it is this, Do exactly what nature does to the best of your ability. Provide a good sand bed, plenty of current and a good spectrum of lighting. Nature will take its course and, and the clean up crew will do their job. In a few months ...VIOLA!! coraline algeas of all collors!

Excellant!!! :) I was reading one of your other threads about the identification of one of the flat green corals... Im not 100% sure as i am a complete noob... but i saw something almost identical in my LFS today and it was called a green tongue coral... They had the same one in pink aswell...

Liquid:

Yeah I know!! I'm bad like that! LOL!! I am hoping it will atatch and spread to it maybe?

BIgreefer:

It is definately not a tounge coral. Tounge corals get long and narrow, pavonas get frillyy and round. It is definately a pavona coral. :)

Archived