Coral Vue Hydros

New Zoo prop tank

Gerber77

Another project idea. A 2.5 strictly zoo propagation. I am picking this tank up soon and am going to put this light on.

2.jpg

Coralife 2x9 fixture

light.jpg

I am going to experiment with this supplement

coralfrenzy.jpg

Any body use the Coral Frenzy product?

I think the lighting and supplements will be sufficient enough for the zoos. I will also add a 13 watt clamp on light. I think 31 watts over a 2.5 is good.

that light sucks.... I had to use 2 of them to get an even spread overmy 2.5g

JMO

others have used them without problems.. I say its good for anything 1g. or less and refugiums

I have a 20 long with 2x65 watt pc. That is my main tank with various rics and zoos. This tank will just be a holding tank waiting for trade or sale. I dont want frags scattered around my main tank so that is the purpose of this tank.

mh would fry that tank. 2.5 too unstable to act as a prop in my opinion

sorry, but i agree. it's going to be ton of work. andthe light will generate a lot of heat. to keep it cool will be a night mare.

i have one of those lights too. it was ok for cheato growth, but not much else. mushrooms did ok too.

i'd try a 10 at least. IMO a 20 long would work really well, but ocbiously you want a small tank. 20s will stay stable, and you have the space and lighting options that will let you do anything you want.

GL

I might be going ahead and getting another 20 long with 2x65 watt pc. For some reason I have really really good growth with rics in their. I have about 17 rics in their now and their doing great. I might have to double that number pretty soon. Thank Six.

no prob. 20 l are one of the best aquariums out there. i use them to breed a lot of fw fish. i plan to get a shrimp breeding program up sometime soon staring 20l's. :) i think you'll be happier with the tank size too since it gives you more space! :)

Not to highjack, but what kind of shrimp six?

I agree, I'd go 10 gal at minimum. For what you'd spend on that light you could probably DIY a ghetto hood with 3 or 4 screw-in coralife 20 W bulbs.

Archived