Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

BigReefers 12 Gallon Eclipse. (Updated as needed)

BigReefer

Well my readings were perfect since yesterday, so today i went out and picked up some livestock! :) Heres a list of what I have aquired for my nano so far and some pictures! I will update it as it grows! Thanks for looking! :)

----------------------------------------------

Tank Specs.

Eclipse 1 Hood.

Stock Filter without bio-wheel or media.

12 Gallon Glass Tank.

CSL 32watt Retrofit 50/50.

Marineland Heater.

Maxi-Jet Powerhead.

Livestock.

14 Pounds of Live Fiji Rock.

20 Pounds of Live Sand.

Sand Polyps.

Clownfish.

3 Hawaiian Hermit Crabs.

1 Peppermint Shrimp.

2 Snails.

reef1.jpg

reef2.jpg

reef3.jpg

reef4.jpg

reef5.jpg

reef6.jpg

reef7.jpg

The lights just went off so i thought i would grab a shot of hte polyps at night! :) Can someone tell if these are healthy from any of these pics??? Im a complete noob, lol and alot of them opened up earlier, I just got them today.. Does it take a few days for them to get used to the tank??? ANy help would be great :)

polypsnight.jpg

They will probably all be open by the time you shut your lights off tomorrow. Don't worry, it is the first day and they may need a little acclimation time. If they are not all open in 2 days, then there may be a problem. So be patient.

Very nice man! Your tank is realy coming along nicely. I realy like the zoo rock! Dont worry about them not all emerging the first day. It could take up to a week for every polyp yo open up. This dosent mean there is somthing wrong though. You could just have a finicky strain of zoo. In a couple-three days they should be all opened up though. BTW, they look prety healthy in the pic's. If they were unhealthy they would look like somone smashed them into the rock. Not so much like a grease spot but the tubes would have been pulled into the rock and all that would be visible would be a purplish like bump.

Archived